Monday, March 2, 2009

The Republican Party Should Consider a Face Lift (click here for story)

Now, I’m not a Republican, and not really a conservative either. I do, however, hold some “conservative” values, such as protection of privacy and the genius of the free market (within proper constraints). I do appreciate the Republican voice in Congress; I believe it is important in tempering what could easily become a Democratic free-for-all. (I greatly value many Democratic policies as well, but I am always aware of the need for balance and moderation.)

Thus, I think it is rather unfortunate that Rush Limbaugh has become the “voice and face” of the Republican party. Yikes! (granted this particular statement was made by Immanuel, but Rush WAS the headline speaker at the CPAC) I have tried to listen to Rush a few times, but I always turn off the radio in disgust. It is impossible for me to respect someone who uses such hateful, subjective language. I’m sorry, but saying repeatedly that you hope our Commander in Chief “fails” is not acceptable to me, no matter the context.

Americans need Obama to succeed. Democrat or not, none of us will benefit from Obama’s downfall, and such a hope is something I can never come to respect. Honestly, we had world leaders all around the world cheering us on when Obama took the Oath of Office. To think that Rush was somewhere fuming and wishing ill upon our newly elected president is an unsettling thought, one that calls to mind an image of an pouting child.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Susie of Arabia said...

Both Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly are pompous egocentric blabbermouths who think they are always right - and I can't stand people like that. I have no respect for either one of them. For Rush to take his position that he wants Obama to fail even before Obama was even out of the starting gate is a very un-American thing to do. The rest of us gave Bush a fair chance for 8 long years, and he failed miserably on his own, but there was no one saying that they HOPED he would fail. I just don't get Rush's mentality and I hope to God he loses fans because of this statement.

The Half Breed said...

I couldn't agree more, Susie.