Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Discovery: "GazaMom"

Just discovered this blog yesterday...
http://a-mother-from-gaza.blogspot.com/

"I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story."


Very compelling--a very intimate look at how the situation in Palestine is affecting real people--not least of all this wife and mother of two. You can also follow her on twitter @GazaMom. Recently she chronicled her plight in an Egyptian detention cell, where she was held when trying to return to Gaza. She was eventually deported, but she and her kids are unharmed, (thank God, or alhumdulilah).

As she says "the personal becomes political" in instances like this...Regardless of your political leaning, I recommend you all check this out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very compelling! Thanks!